$350.00 – $950.00
The PIPE Comprehensive E-Training is designed for new PIPE users and PIPE users that want to increase their PIPE skills. This training is an interactive, experiential training designed to support parenting educators in using the PIPE curriculum with their clients.
Each participant must have a set of the PIPE curriculum to use during the training.
As a result of this training, the participants will…
- Become familiar with the foundation that supports the philosophy used in the PIPE curriculum
- Gain awareness of how the PIPE parenting concepts and instructional strategies are based on emotional and brain development research
- Understand how the PIPE curriculum uses the four step instructional model to share parenting concepts effectively
- Recognize the key concepts of the Listen, Love, and Play units
- Practice using the PIPE curriculum to plan, present, and evaluate an instructional session.
You Will Need:
A PIPE Curriculum Package
- Educator’s Guide
- Parent Handouts Notebook
- Activity Cards
- A Google E-mail account/access to Google drive to upload videos.
- Ability to record videos
- A friend, colleague, or parent with a young child to practice with and do a final role play.
- Doll or stuffed animal
- Materials to create a collage
- Pictures of Parents with their small children
- Adobe Reader for editable worksheets
- Ability to download and upload files.
- Minimum of 35 hours to complete the class. Each Module has build in deadlines through out the 8 week session.
- Module 1: Welcome
Module 2: PIPE Foundations: Part One
Module 3: PIPE Foundations: Part Two
Module 4: The PIPE Curriculum
Module 5: The PIPE Instructional Model
Module 6: Emotional Development
Module 7: Overview of “Love is Layers of Sharing”
Module 8: Overview of “Listen, Listen, Listen”
Module 9: Overview of “Playing is Learning”
Module 10: Step Two: Demonstration
Module 11: Step Three: Parent-Child Interactions
Module 12: Step Four: Evaluation (Reflection and Feedback)
Module 13: Planning & Practicing a PIPE Session (role play video)
Module 14: Closure
Each session is eight weeks with built in deadlines.
|Session and Dates||
Summer 2019 Session: July 20, 2019, Fall 2019 Session: September 30, 2019, Winter 2020 Session: January 20, 2020, Spring 2020 Session: April 27, 2020, Summer 2020 Session: July 20, 2020, Fall 2020 Session: September 28, 2020
None, PIPE Educators Guide, PIPE Curriculum Package
None, English, Spanish